A quick review of the profile fields and how they can be customized.
The profile page of each member contains 3 mandatory fields:
- Full name
These fields are initially filled by the user while signing up. Additionally, and depending on your needs, it is possible to add more fields to the profile page.
The following list is not exhausitve, but it gives a good idea of what kind of information you may want to see on your users’ profile page:
- Company or faculty
- Skills or interests
- Short biography
- City or country
- Phone number
The type of your custom fields can either be:
- a single line text input,
- a multiple line text area,
- a date input,
- a dropdown (only a single option can be selected), or
- a multi-selection dropdown menu
In some situations, it may make sense for you to add some fields that the user cannot modify. We allow up to 3 fields of this type in a user’s profile page. Such fields are read-only: only the admin has the power to modify them. Additionally, they are private: only the user and the app admins can see them.
If you would like to let your users publicly display their Facebook profile for instance, this is possible too. We support the following social network links:
These fields, if filled by the user, are actionnable: you can click on them to get redirected to the user’s profile page on the specific social network.
It is possible to configure the app for more or less privacy and anonymity, depending on your needs:
- The email addresses users can be public or hidden. If it’s hidden, only the user herself and the admins of the app can view it on the user’s profile page.
- It is also possible to entirely anonymize your users by hiding their full name as well. Again in this case, only the user herself and the admins have access to this information.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding custom profile fields, please, contact us anytime!